On September 19, 2019 in the Zhytomyr Polytechnic University, the seminar "Development of technologies in rubble production industry" was held. The organizers of the event are METSO, a leading supplier of equipment and services for the processing industry, as well as the official distributor of METSO in Ukraine - SV TEK. The participants are managers and engineers of the main Ukrainian producers of rubble and building materials. In total, the event was attended by over 110 participants. Among the guests of the event were also students, heads and teaching staff of the Zhytomyr Polytechnic University.
The seminar was started by Metso Vice President Adrian Wood, outlining in his presentation the purpose of the event, as well as global megatrends and their impact on business.
Adrian Wood, Metso Vice-President:
- METSO constantly conducts research works in order to understand global development trends and to be prepared for modern challenges. This workshop provides a good opportunity for direct exchange of views. In return, we aim to communicate to our customers information about global megatrends and their impact on the business and development areas on which our company is focused. We want to receive feedback from guests of the event and hear their opinions and expectations.
Further, METSO experts presented a full range of solutions and technologies for rock crushing and screening, focusing on the importance of using quality services and equipment.
Among the main issues that the speakers underlined in their presentations:
- Metso in aggregate production: a full range of crushing and screening solutions.
- Original spare parts: how to reduce costs and minimize risks.
- Solution for wear protection: typical production problems, how to recognize the problem and find its solution, reference of other aggregate producers.
- Crushers’ linings - how to increase the smooth operation of equipment.
- Metso dump truck body - how to increase payload and reduce operating costs. Application experience at Terrafame.
Each presentation caused a lively discussion among the participants. The managers of the companies were interested in pricing policy, service support, and especially the use of METSO equipment. Representatives of METSO and the official dealer in Ukraine SV TEK were open for communication. Therefore, they substantively and in detail answered each question posed.
Alexey Tolkach, Director SV TEK:
The seminar is an opportunity to gather in one place representatives of the supplier - Metso, equipment users, as well as students of the Zhytomyr Polytechnic University - future engineers. The main purpose of the event is to share the knowledge and experience of the equipment supplier company and receive feedback from customers, to hear their wishes and requirements.
We see that customers understand how important it is to use quality services and original components. At the same time, customers are highly interested in financial matters. Therefore, we demonstrate with specific examples how, due to quality service and original spare parts, you can win and make big profits, increase equipment efficiency and optimize your production.
We communicate the opinion that you should pay attention not only to the price of a particular part or service, but to calculate the cost spent per ton of manufactured products.
And in order to create a relaxed atmosphere and take a non-standard approach to such events, presentations and expert reports alternated with contests and quizzes with questions on professional topics.
Thus, the goal of the event was achieved in live communication: customers received consultations and got acquainted with informative presentations from leading experts and discussed current issues. And representatives of METSO and SV TEK received feedback from customers, which will allow for a more substantive response to demand and to establish business ties.
METSO - is a leading industrial company with 150 years of history, provides solutions for the processing industries, including mining, oil and gas, pulp and paper, non-metallic materials and recycling. The global service network has more than 80 service offices in more than 50 countries, employing more than 6400 engineers, and a total of 13 150 industry experts
SV TEK - is the official representative of METSO in Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan. The company sells METSO crushing and screening equipment, and accessories for it, and also provides high-quality service support to its customers. SV TEK has service centers in Krivoy Rog, Korosten, Horishni Plavni, with a team of 50 specialists.