Metso designs and manufactures a comprehensive line of grinding equipment as mills, classifiers, and related accessories for both wet and dry grinding systems. We offer a complete spectrum of engineering services for our equipment. Metso has the most mature stirred milling technologies, the largest installed base in terms of quantity of units and installed power and a continuous development program.
Mills (VERTIMILL, ball mills, rod mills, autogenous and semi-autogenous mills)
Metso supplies big range of mills to suite any application:
• The Vertimill is a unique product offered exclusively by Metso that has a long history in the metallic mining industry. Mechanically, the Vertimill is a very simple machine with an agitating screw suspended into the grinding chamber, supported by spherical roller bearings and driven by a fixed speed motor through a planetary gearbox.
• Ball Mils. Metso overflow ball mill sizes range from 5 ft. x 8 ft. with 75 HP to 30’ x 41’ and as much as 30,000 HP. A ball mill grinds ores and other materials to a typical product size of 35 mesh or finer.
• The rod mill, a tumbling mill characterized by the use of rods as grinding media, grinds ores, coal/coke, and other materials for both wet and dry applications. The rod mill accepts feed ore as coarse as 1 1/2” top size although better performance is obtained by restricting ore feed size to 3/4”. Product sizes range from 4 mesh to 16 mesh operating in open circuit, or as fine as 35 mesh operating in closed circuit with a screen or other sizing device.
• Autogenous (AG) grinding is the size reduction of material in a tumbling mill utilizing the feed material itself as grinding media.
• Semi-Autogenous (SAG) grinding is the size reduction of material in a grinding mill, utilizing the feed plus supplementary grinding media.
Metso’s HRC™ crushers provide flexibility and maximum efficiency in construction applications. The machine is ideal for tertiary or quaternary applications used to produce a variety of products such as grit and fine gravel, dust and manufactured/artificial sand.
Designed for low service requirements and ease of operation, the SUPERIOR primary gyratory crusher will readily fit into any existing or proposed crushing plant.
Increasing capacity without significantly increasing operating cost – that’s the goal of mining and aggregate producers throughout the world. Metso’s Nordberg MP Series cone crushers put that goal within easy reach. MP stands for maximum power, and no similarly sized conventional crusher can match the performance of the MP1000 or the MP800.