Mills (VERTIMILL, ball mills, rod mills, autogenous and semi-autogenous mills)
Metso supplies big range of mills to suite any application:
• The Vertimill is a unique product offered exclusively by Metso that has a long history in the metallic mining industry. Mechanically, the Vertimill is a very simple machine with an agitating screw suspended into the grinding chamber, supported by spherical roller bearings and driven by a fixed speed motor through a planetary gearbox.
• Ball Mils. Metso overflow ball mill sizes range from 5 ft. x 8 ft. with 75 HP to 30’ x 41’ and as much as 30,000 HP. A ball mill grinds ores and other materials to a typical product size of 35 mesh or finer.
• The rod mill, a tumbling mill characterized by the use of rods as grinding media, grinds ores, coal/coke, and other materials for both wet and dry applications. The rod mill accepts feed ore as coarse as 1 1/2” top size although better performance is obtained by restricting ore feed size to 3/4”. Product sizes range from 4 mesh to 16 mesh operating in open circuit, or as fine as 35 mesh operating in closed circuit with a screen or other sizing device.
• Autogenous (AG) grinding is the size reduction of material in a tumbling mill utilizing the feed material itself as grinding media.
• Semi-Autogenous (SAG) grinding is the size reduction of material in a grinding mill, utilizing the feed plus supplementary grinding media.